Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Mother's Day (a little late...)


I felt a little weird as people wished me a Happy Mother's Day and realized that this DID include me. Weird but wonderful! We had my parents and sisters and Jimmy's parents over for dinner (a.k.a. lunch); one of my first big family meals...and let me tell you, it was not pretty. I guess the food tasted okay, but I did have quite a time trying to make it. First, I made a spinach dish, and I halved the recipe, but I forgot to cut the salt and pepper in half. So, the dish was extra salty and peppery. It's a good thing my mom likes salty. Plus, she's my mom, so she has to say that she likes it. Then, I stayed up super late on Sat. night making the oreo cheesecake for dessert, and wouldn't ya know, I forgot to mix in the sour cream. So, the cheesecake tasted like oreos mixed in cream cheese. Guess I shoulda bought bagels. Finally, I baked ham, and I thought I had taken off all the outer plastic, but of course, I missed some. Luckily, it was salvageable! Anyway, I guess the meal turned out ok, or else everyone was trying to be super nice to me since it was my first mother's day. All in all, it was a pretty fun day, and here are some pics of the mom's and their babies:



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought everything tasted really good. Esp the cheesecake. not quite as good as the cheesecake factory tho. lol. jk

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a blessed Mother's Day. We are so lucky!! Corrina is getting so big and adorable. Hopefully some of those clothes will work for her. Is she still in her supposed age of clothing? We need to find a play day for the girls before baby #2 decides to enter the world. love ya, Bri